19. mai 2012

Tablerunner with a spring feeling

As I mentioned in a previous post I was playing with colors a few weeks ago. Since then a lot has happened that made me postpone a lot of my current projects. I’m currently admitted to the hospital, nothing life threatening but I’ll be stuck here for a few weeks. (Thank god for portable computers and public wifi) But today I was allowed to go home to get some clean clothes and used the opportunity to take a few pictures of the second and third color project.


This table runner was inspired by my tea-cups turned flower pots. There really hasn’t been much spring time in Norway this year (last weekend it was snowing) so I decided to make it feel a little like spring inside instead. All the fabrics are new except for the back that’s from an old sheet.

As you can see on the pictures there is some air between the layers. It’s not as bad as it might seem in the picture and if it had been bothering me I could have avoided the problem by quilting the two layers together. But I’m not crazy about that technique so I’ll just leave it as it is



By the way, I had a few requests about a tutorial for the potholders in my previous post, and I will be making one as soon as I get out of the hospital.

4 kommentarer:

Lisa sa...

This is so pretty! I love the spring colors and patterns. Hope you are feeling better soon!

Wendy sa...

Oh no, I hope you're OK. Being in hospital must be horrible.

Your table runner is beautiful!

Etcetorize sa...

So cute! I love all of the colours and textures together. Take care of yourself, I hope you're feeling better and home for good soon~

gail@My Repurposed Life sa...

I love plants in cups! I have some succulents in cups on my patio.

gail

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...